Since April 2007 I am a candidate civil-law notary. I started my career at a corporate boutique law firm in Amsterdam and as of December 2015, I am working with HVK Stevens.
I am specialised in international corporate law. I lead cross-border mergers and acquisitions, advise at structuring and negotiating incentive plans for management or employees, and assist enterprises with joint ventures, restructuring and reorganisations. I have also developed a special focus on family businesses and private wealth. Services include asset protection, asset structuring, estate and succession planning, family governance and charities. Because of this unique combination of specialisations, I am able to advise my clients on their corporate structures, structuring their family assets and both combined. This is a unique combination in the current market.
My clientele comprises amongst others (listed) domestic and international enterprises such as logistic companies, health care institutions and IT-companies, as well as wealthy business owners, families and family-owned businesses.
I write articles and give lectures on these topics on a regular basis. A list of my most recent publications, lectures and webinars can be found here.
- Corporate law
- Private wealth
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Joint ventures
- Asset protection and asset structuring
- Estate planning and succession planning
- Charities (ANBI)
- Professional training in notarial practice (Beroepsopleiding Notariaat)
- Civil Qualification to practice law, University of Amsterdam
- Notarial Law, University of Groningen
- Company Law, Contract Law and Equity & Trusts, University of East Anglia
- Network Advisor Family Businesses
- Association of corporate law specialists Notarial Practice
- Royal Notarial Association