Since April 2020 I have been working as a tax adviser at HVK Stevens. Because of my notarial and tax background, I like to deal with issues at the intersection of civil-legal and tax law. I previously worked at Deloitte for six years. In recent years my job mainly consisted of advising high net-worth individuals, family businesses, lawyers (firms) and CFO/CEO-level on the growth, management and transfer of assets.
I focus on advising and assisting in the field of estate planning. I have a great deal of affinity with inheritance and gift tax, income tax and transfer tax and also have experience in the corporate legal practice (various restructurings, incorporation and liquidation of companies) and corporate tax practice. Because of the combination of these disciplines, I am able to advise every client in the broadest sense of the word.
My interests include advising on the drafting and amendment of prenuptial agreements and wills, tax assistance and advice in the event of a divorce, settling estates, making gift plans (for descendants or charities) and business succession. In addition, I have experience in optimising the fiscal structure and asset protection (privacy) and in bringing together and maintaining family assets.
I have written a diptych on the alignment of the succession plan with matrimonial property law and inheritance law in the event of death, and an overview article on (the use or qualification of) types of shares.
I am chairman of the Young Order of Tax Advisers.
- High net worth individuals
- Family businesses
- Estate planning (including advising on matrimonial property law, such as execution of set-off clauses and divorce, inheritance law and settlement of estates)
- Gift tax
- Business successionSingle proprietary assets
- Specific civil law matters
- Vocational training of the Dutch Association of Tax Advisers (NOB)
- Master Tax Law at Radboud University Nijmegen
- Master of Notarial Law at Radboud University Nijmegen
- Bachelor of Tax Law at the University of Maastricht
- Bachelor of Notarial Law at Radboud University Nijmegen
- Bachelor’s degree in Law from Maastricht University